Event health policy
Event health policy
We would like to make it clear that the safety and health of Chef Media’s event attendees is our number one priority. We are continuously monitoring the impact of the coronavirus on our events and are in regular communication with our venues, delegates, sponsors, travel providers and local authorities to mitigate any risks or restrictions. As a precaution, we are introducing new measures to increase the safety of all our event attendees.
What we are doing to protect you
- Hand sanitisers will now be provided at the registration desk at the events, in addition to hand sanitation already installed in all toilets and washrooms
- We are increasing the frequency with which our sanitary facilities are disinfected
- We will be monitoring our attendee list to check where people are travelling from. We will be calling anyone located in high-risk areas and assessing whether they are fit to attend
- We ask that anyone who has visited an area deemed as unsafe by the government to provide evidence that they arrived in Kenya more than 14 days before the first day of the event
- We kindly ask you not to attend our events if you have recently travelled to any of the countries ON KENYA GOVERNMENT RED list. The venue are asking all attendees of the event to sign a declaration form to state that they haven’t travelled to, from or through the countries listed above in the last 14 days.
- We will be Implementing a microphone and glass disinfecting protocol for all speaker sessions
- We will help any person find medical attention on-site to deal with potential symptoms
For further information about current Kenya government advice please visit https://www.health.go.ke/
What you can do to protect yourself
The World Health Organisation’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your healthcare provider
If you feel unwell and believe you may be at risk, you should self-isolate and call 719 or *719#